Some ways to participate in the Blog Event* – whether you plan to contribute a blog post or just want to follow the action. (You can simply email a link to your post to email@example.com if you don’t do social media.)
Twitter will most likely be the most rapid (and unfiltered) source of news over the weekend.
- Follow @OldBaileyOnline, which will be doing its best to keep up with the action.
- Tweet a link to your blog post and use the hashtag #OBO10 (you can also mention @OldBaileyOnline, but the hashtag will ensure it gets seen)
- Retweet posts you like!
- Links will be posted on our Tumblr (RSS feed) using an embedded Storify stream, which I’ll be aiming to keep as up to date as possible.
- You can leave a link to your blog post in comments below.
- Trackbacks are turned on, so if you link to this post in yours there’s a good chance it’ll appear automagically.
- If you don’t have a blog of your own and want to write a post, it can be hosted on this blog – just get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you don’t want to write a blog post but do want to comment briefly on what Old Bailey Online means to you, you’re also very welcome to use comments below.
NB: I’m turning off automatic pre-moderation on comments for now, but comments with links may get put in moderation by WordPress anyway. Also, if we have any problems with spam I may need to turn moderation back on. So your comment might not appear immediately, but I’ll be watching out for notification emails. Please ignore any spam comments that might get through, I’ll clean them up as quickly as I can!
If I come up with other options, I’ll add them here.
If you’re on Facebook or Google+ or any other social network, please feel free to spread the word there.
* This is a boring title, but I can’t quite bring myself to call it a ‘Blogathon’ while sober.